DC: Tabard Inn Restaurant

We got our order a bit mixed up by having dessert first, but hey, who's going to care? That's what being an adult is all about, right? I'll eat ice cream before my meal if I want to. Yeah.

Anyway, after cupcakes, I infiltrated my friend's brunch plans with his friends at the Tabard Inn Restaurant:



The restaurant is actually in an inn. Like, really. You have to weave through the sitting room to get to the restaurant and you can see people making their way through the dining area to reach the stairs up to the rooms:



After claiming we weren't that hungry, my friend and I decided to split an entree and an appetizer. Here's the egg benedict with house-smoked salmon:



In the process of moving my portion to my plate, my friend popped my egg yolk. While I managed to survive the incident, I was left a bit scarred. And angry. Thankfully we've been friends for a long time (since elementary school in fact), so I forgave him and we moved on. The salmon was delicious and the hollandaise sauce smooth and creamy. Nothing too special about the potatoes, but a nice complement nonetheless.

My favorite, however, was the blue fin tuna crudo and avocado bruschetta:



So yummy. All the flavors came together perfectly: the saltiness of the Parmesan cheese, the sourness of the caper vinaigrette, the crispness of the salad, the freshness of the tuna, and the decadence of the avocado. I could have eaten that all day.

A very satisfying meal, one that made up for the past nights of not-so-amazing dinners. A good place for brunch and apparently also a good location for weddings.


Tabard Inn Restaurant
1739 N St NW
Washington DC, 20036
(202) 331-8538
http://www.tabardinn.com/restaurant

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!