Chicago: Potbelly Sandwich Shop

Finished another final today. Only two more to go before the school year is officially over. To put off studying again, I subtly roped some friends into grabbing lunch with me. One of them is a big fan of Potbelly sandwiches and after hearing her wax poetic over it so many times, it was nice to finally see for myself what all the fuss was about:



I ordered a roast beef, because what's better than roast beef?:



I actually found a fatty piece of beef in my sandwich, which earned Potbelly a few extra credit points. There's definitely a lot more stuff in a Potbelly sandwich than in a Jimmy John's, but I can't remember if I liked Quiznos more. These sandwich places are all the same to me. Cheap, quick, and toasted. That's all I really ask for in a sandwich shop.

My friend has also been raving about the cookies at Potbelly nonstop, so I couldn't leave without one. Or more like she wouldn't have let me leave without one. She picked out the oatmeal chocolate chip for me:



After checking to see that it was sufficiently soft, my friend gave her stamp of approval and allowed me to pay for the cookie. I have to say, it was a good cookie. The oatmeal makes you think that it's semi-healthy and that the chocolate chips were just a bonus. The cookie was really soft and chewy...and really big too. My friend knows her stuff.

After looking around the dining area, I have to say that Potbelly is pretty legit. You know a place is good (and cheap) if it attracts police officers...and your school's associate director of student affairs, as well as the assistant dean for communications. Oh yea.


Potbelly Sandwich Shop
5428 S Lake Park Ave
Chicago, IL 60615
(773) 493-0129
http://www.potbelly.com/

Comments

  1. Honey, that Potbelly Sandwich is a thing of beauty. Love your writings. Made me hungry and curious about Potbelly Sandwich Shop. Come see my sandwich blog, I'd be honored. Keri a.k.a. Sam

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!