Tri-City: Texas Roadhouse

My first day back in San Jose ended on a nice note. After a long day of chasing after my luggage, we decided to treat ourselves to some steak at Texas Roadhouse:



My sister has been talking about their buns for a long time:



I have to say, my sister was right. These are some of the best buns I've ever had. Hot out of the oven and slathered with cinnamon butter...mmm...tasted like little cinnamon buns.

Something interesting about Texas Roadhouse is the big bucket of peanuts on every table:



You're supposed to discard the shells directly on the floor, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I'm a bit anal like that.

We started off with the cactus blossom (the small one):



And the fried pickles:



I've heard a lot about fried pickles so I was really excited about trying it. The pickles were sour, as I'd expected, but way too salty.

I went with the 10 oz ribeye:



I asked for rare, but it came out closer to medium. That was a little disappointing, but the meat was still good.

My sister ordered the 11 oz sirloin:



Surprisingly, I liked the texture of her sirloin more than my ribeye. Usually I'm a big ribeye fan, but I think the ribeye my dad buys from Costso is better than what I got at Texas Roadhouse.

Just for fun, here's one of my mom's sides:



That's sweet potato with marshmallows and caramel.

There's also line dancing in the restaurant every hour or so. Thankfully, we sat at a table facing away from the dance area. Overall, I had a good time at Texas Roadhouse, though I ate waaaay more than I should have. We left with a lot of leftovers so there will be more steak in my future. Score.


Texas Roadhouse
32115 Union Landing
Union City, CA 94587
(510) 324-7623
http://www.texasroadhouse.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!