DC: Nando's Peri Peri

For my last meal in DC, I met up with my friend in Chinatown. DC's Chinatown has to be the funniest one around because there's almost nothing Chinese about it. Which sort of explains why we went to a Portuguese/African restaurant:



Once you enter Nando's, you're given a table number. You place your order at the counter and then hit up the sauce bar. You can choose from a wide variety of sauces, ranging from refreshing salad dressing to extra spicy:



Nando's Peri Peri ("piri piri") specializes in Portuguese flame-grilled chicken with a type of African chili. My friend ordered us the 1/2 chicken with two sides to share, one piece medium and the other extra hot. Instead, we got the 1/4 chicken, extra hot:



My friend went to tell the counter and we somehow ended up with a second plate (1/2 chicken, both medium):



We ordered 2 pieces of chicken with sides and received 3 pieces of chicken with four sides. We almost got 4 pieces of chicken because another server came by with our missing piece after we received the 2nd platter. When we looked at her confusedly, she told us to just accept and enjoy. Which we did.

Or at least I tried to. The medium turned out to be a bit too spicy for me. I tried to eat through the pain and the soft serve we ordered (all you can eat!) certainly helped.

Nando's appears to be a really popular place, especially during lunch on weekdays when all the suits come out to enjoy some spicy chicken. If I ever go again, I'll be trying something a little less....spicy.


Nando's Peri Peri
819 7th St NW
Washington DC, 20001
(202) 898-1225
http://www.nandosperiperi.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!