Chicago: Swedish Bakery

Right across the street from Big Jones is the Swedish Bakery. We saw it as we were getting out of the car and we semi-joked about checking it out after brunch:



Well, we really weren't joking. After brunch we took our full bellies across the street without a second thought. The bakery was HUGE. Here's one counter out of the, oh I don't know, eight that were there:



And check out these froggies:



I took a number but before my number could be called, we had to leave (avoiding parking tickets take priority over food....sometimes). But I got to try a few cookies courtesy of my roommate, who'd wasted no time in ordering up a storm:



Very light. Not cloyingly sweet. Just the right amount of crunch.

I wish parking fines in Chicago weren't so high. Maybe I'll get another chance someday to peruse the gazillion baked goods offered at the Swedish Bakery. Until then, I guess I can look through their website. Sadness.


Swedish Bakery
5348 N Clark St
Chicago, IL 60640
(773) 561-8919
http://www.swedishbakery.com/

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!