Taiwan: Maxinen Korean Restaurant

I've been in Taiwan for two days now and I've yet to have any chicken butt or pearl tea. Working 9 to 6 plus living with the grandparents is putting a tiny crimp in my food adventures. After my grandfather injured his leg, he hasn't been able to walk normally without pain. This is why we always eat at restaurants close to where my grandparents live. While I do enjoy spending time with my grandparents, hopefully as the summer progresses, I'll be able to venture out more on my own. Until then, I'll be posting a lot about my grandparents' neighborhood.

Maxinen Korean Restaurant essentially sounds out the Korean word (adjective form) of "delicious" (mashinen):



I ordered the dolsot bibimbap:



I've been a bit spoiled by having a Korean roommate who is an amazing cook. This bibimbap was a bit bland to me, the egg overcooked, and the beef virtually nonexistent. A little bit of sesame oil would've gone a long way.

The focus of this particular post isn't on the food, but on the price of it. For the bibimbap, I paid 100 NT, which is a little over $3. Ridiculous, no?


瑪西嫩韓味館
251台灣台北縣淡水鎮新民街65號
02-2629-4432

Comments

  1. I'm lucky enough to have an amazing sous chef as a roommate/husband, so the sentiment is shared. ;)

    I wish I could join you just for a week in Taiwan. Such amazing eats.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!