Chicago: Chi Cafe

Immediately (okay, maybe an hour after) following our last final, we went grocery shopping for our last Asian potluck of the year. Grocery shopping is hard work, even more so when you go to two different markets (gotta hit up both Korean and Chinese), so we stopped by Chi Cafe in Chinatown for lunch:



I'm not usually one for Chinese restaurants that look all modern and fancy inside. It's really biased of me, I admit, but I only trust Chinese restaurants that have tacky interiors, greasy menus, and are filled with Chinese families (versus young Chinese people). I was lured to Chi Cafe by the promise of really good Hong Kong style milk tea:



Which, I have to say, was really good. It was apparently supposed to come in an ice bath. It was advertised in an ice bath. Someone from another table got it in an ice bath. What the heck?

We didn't want to eat too much (with an epic Asian potluck coming up), so the four of us split 2 dishes. We got the beef brisket with rice:



And the beef with Chinese broccoli over rice noodle:



We didn't plan it, but we ended up with two dishes with beef, Chinese broccoli, and probably the same sauce. Both tasted....good, but as I'd expected, not the best Chinese food around. I would probably only come back for the drinks.

Edit: I totally forgot to mention this, but all the photos in this post were taken by my friend's iPhone. I didn't bring my camera because I thought we were just going to get groceries and return home. My friend (who apparently loves this blog) saved the day by whipping out her phone and snapping photos left and right. She's awesome that way.


Chi Cafe
2160A S Archer Ave
Chicago, IL 60616
(312) 842-9993
http://www.chicafeonline.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!