DC: Marrakesh Palace

Staying with my friend is certainly living up to my expectations. He carries food coupons with him wherever he goes, which is how we ended up at Marrakesh Palace for some Moroccan:



The interior was richly decorated. I especially loved the tiled tables and cushion seating. We were told that there would be belly dancing...but alas, not the night we went:



Thanks to my friend's $50 coupon, we were able to try a few things. The server, who was super nice, recommended the special when I asked for a lamb dish:



I forget what the dish was called, but it was essentially braised lamb with pears. The perfect bite consisted of a cube of pear and some lamb. The sweetness of the pear really made the dish. I don't think I would've enjoyed it as much if it was just the lamb.

My friend ordered their zerda brochette set menu, which included a mixed green salad, a kefta kabab, a chicken kabab, a mergues sausage, fresh fruit salad, and Moroccan tea for $28:



I wasn't too impressed by any of the kebabs. The meat was heavily spiced, but a tad dry for me.

To get our coupon's worth, my friend ordered the baklava for dessert:



It was certainly the biggest baklava I've ever seen, but I guess I'm just not a big fan. It tasted a bit like granola (without the crunchy texture). It was tasty, but not something I'll get cravings for.

The best part of the night was the Moroccan tea. Even though my friend was the one who ordered the set menu, our server brought the rest of us some on the house:



Even though we each only got a little bit, the tea was fantastic. It tasted flowery like green tea, but sweetened.

I probably wouldn't go back to Marrakesh Palace again, despite the friendly service. Well, at least not without a coupon. The food simply didn't justify the cost for me.


Marrakesh Palace
2147 P St NW
Washington DC, 20037
(202) 775-1882
http://www.marrakeshpalace.com/

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!