Chicago: Iguana Cafe

Because we weren't quite ready to return home and face reality, we stopped by Iguana Cafe on the way back:



Apparently it's one of my friend's favorite places and I can see why. While it may not be an ideal cafe to study at, it was definitely a very cool place to grab a cup of coffee with friends and just chill:



There's actually a real iguana in the cafe. I didn't get a picture of it because I spent a good five minutes taking pictures of an iguana that turned out to be fake. Talk about embarrassing!

Because I'm not a really big coffee drinker, I ordered a dessert even though I was really full from dinner. The bougatsa looked the most interesting off the (surprisingly extensive) menu, so I went with that:



This was the half portion. A bougatsa is essentially custard wrapped in filo dough, baked, and then dusted with powdered sugar and cinnamon. The custard turned out to be much firmer than I'd imagined, but it was a nice surprise. The dessert was just sweet enough to be satisfying and hey, powdered sugar is always fun. Even when you accidentally inhale some. Ugh.

Now that I'm done posting for the night, I have no excuses left to keep me from studying. Meh...I'm sure I'll find something else to distract myself with...


Iguana Cafe
517 N Halsted St
Chicago, IL 60622
(312) 432-0663
http://iguanacafe.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!