Salt Lake City: Airport

Just a warning, this is less of a food post and more of a rant. After the worst flying experience I've ever had in my life, I finally made it back to San Jose from DC. It took 24 hours, way longer than it should have. I was stranded in Salt Lake City last night after my late night flight was canceled because the pilots went back to their hotels. Yea. And because San Jose airport has a curfew, we couldn't wait around for the next available pilots.

I was advised to keep my luggage checked in to avoid the long lines the next morning. That's how I ended up at the Econolodge with an amenity kit and two meal vouchers (each worth $6):



I got to the airport this morning to catch my re-booked flight...only to find out that they'd accidentally re-booked me for a flight TOMORROW. Luckily, there was a seat open on a flight to SF.

I was already a little miffed last night, but this morning just added fuel to the fire. I was determined to use up meal vouchers. Petty, I know. It turns out that one voucher was for breakfast and the other for dinner, so I only got to use $6. Grrr. I spent it here because it was the closest to my boarding gate:



Here's what I got for $6:



I went $0.84 over, but whatever.

My traumatic airplane experience didn't end there. After my flight to SF was delayed twice, I finally arrived to discover that my luggage hadn't followed me. I was then sent on a wild goose chase from SF to San Jose. I was assured by both airports that my luggage was at the other airport. The last thing I was told was that it might still be in Salt Lake City. As of now, I still don't have my luggage. I'm praying that I'll get it tomorrow.

So my impression of Salt Lake City has been rather marred by incompetent airline employees and dirty trucker motels. But the asiago cheese bagel was decent.

Lesson of the day: Don't fly Delta. (And always check out your luggage when your flight has been canceled.)

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!