Berkeley: Brazil Cafe

My dad's cousin is part of a Chinese choir and she got my entire family free tickets to her concert. Sigh. Well, the good thing is that the concert was in Berkeley, which gave me a chance to meet up with an old roommate and re-visit an old favorite food haunt, the Brazil Cafe:



The Brazil Cafe started out as a food truck parked on University Ave. The truck is still there, but because it's so popular, it opened a storefront a few years back. The lines at the truck can get pretty crazy (like it was last night) so we go to the storefront a block away to avoid the wait.

Brazil Cafe is known for its tri-tip sandwich:



The tri-tip and the garlic-y spread really makes the sandwich. I never order anything else. I used to be able to finish an entire sandwich in one sitting, but old age plus a heavy lunch meant I had to pack half to go.

The finish off the meal, we each got a mango smoothie:



I love the laid back atmosphere of Brazil Cafe and the food is excellent. Eating there yesterday brought me back to my undergrad years...which actually weren't that long ago, I suppose.


Brazil Cafe
1983 Shattuck Ave
Berkeley, CA 94704
(510) 845-1056

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!