DC: Hello Cupcake

Hooray for having Internet again! I've been in DC for over half a week now and I can finally update on what I've been eating. I say DC, but up until today, I've been staying with a co-worker in Maryland and working in Virginia. She's been exceedingly kind, but unfortunately not the most exciting person to eat out with. My first two meals in DC were a Chinese/Japanese buffet (need I say more?) and The Cheesecake Factory. Certainly nothing to blog home about.

The good news is, I got to visit my friend in DC (the real DC) over the weekend and he's quite the food guru.

The first thing we did after meeting up was enter Hello Cupcake:



Very cute and very...pink. Each cupcake is $3:



We chose two cupcakes to share, the first one being the peanut butter blossom:



The cupcake itself was rather dry, but the frosting was superb. Very peanut-y, almost like eating fluffy peanut butter.

Our second cupcake was the cookies-n-cream:



Again, the cake itself wasn't too impressive. The frosting tasted like the filling of an Oreo, which I suppose was the effect they were aiming for, but the end result was a tad too sweet for me.

Cute, but not the best cupcakes in the world.

Since my co-worker is leaving for a week-long business trip on the Gulf Coast tomorrow, I'm crashing at my friend's place for the rest of my stay in DC. This means two things: Internet (though spotty at best) and FOOD.


Hello Cupcake
1351 Connecticut Ave NW
Washington DC, 20036
(202) 861-2253
http://www.hellocupcakeonline.com/

Comments

  1. Amy! My roommate says that there's no better cupcake in DC than here: http://www.yelp.com/biz/georgetown-cupcake-washington

    You gotta try it and report back!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!