Philadelphia: Rita's

The first day of spring apparently means free Italian water ice at Rita's.  My sister has been trying to get me to try Rita's every time I visit her in Baltimore, but has always been thwarted by unforeseen circumstances.  Luckily for us, Rita's has locations all over Philly and we were able to hit one up as we explored South Street.

The line was atrocious:


Then, a lucky break!  Some people who'd already gotten their free ice walked by and told us that there were actually three separate lines.  We immediately ditched our spot at the back of the line and scuttled up to the front.  No shame, yo.

There were quite a few flavors available.  We went with lemonade and peach:


While I thoroughly enjoyed the lemonade ice, the peach one blew me away.  Wow.  There's a smoothness to the ice that was unexpected, but so very welcome.

There needs to be a Rita's in every city.  And preferably it'll be the first day of spring everyday.


Rita's
235 South St
Philadelphia, PA 19147
(215) 629-3910
http://www.ritasice.com/

Comments

  1. i totally miss Rita's!! sadly we don't have them here in southern california

    ReplyDelete
  2. If they can open a Rita's in Arizona, I don't understand why they can't open one in California. I'll be back in the Bay myself this summer and access to a Rita's would be very much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i looooooooooooooooooooooove3 RITA'S!!! next time get it with the custard, SO GOOD :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!