Philadelphia: Jim's Steaks

Of course, nobody can go to Philadelphia and not get a Philly cheesesteak.  Only problem is, there are so many options to choose from!  JP told us the only one worth going to is Jim's Steaks, so we took her at her word (since she's a local and all):


They were training a new guy at the grill, so the service was a tad slow, but that meant we had a lot of time at the counter watching how they make these babies.  There seems to be a Philly cheesesteak lingo that only true Philadelphians known, so we left it to JP to do the ordering.  She got us a Philly cheesesteak with onions and cheese whiz:


My sister was horrified when she saw the whiz, but I was beyond excited.  I love that stuff.  Don't really like fancy cheese, but cheese whiz?  Oh, baby.  Plus every time I have it, I think of the Goofy Movie.  Anyone?  Anyone?  Sigh...never mind.

Anyway, Jim's Philly cheesesteak is really good, though I guess I don't really have anything to compare it to. I could definitely go for another one soon.  Like now, actually.  Looking at the photo is making me hungry...


Jim's Steaks
400 South St
Philadelphia, PA 19147
(215) 928-1911
http://www.jimssteaks.com/

Comments

  1. Haha...you should go across the street to Ishkabibbles, heard they have good cheesesteaks also. And you can't go to Philly without getting cheesesteak from Geno's and Pat's!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!