New York: Serendipity 3

My sister and I were lucky enough to be able to visit New York twice in the span of a month.  The second trip was dedicated entirely to Nana's thesis play.  But of course, we couldn't be in New York and not enjoy ourselves some good food.

We arrived Friday night and immediately Nana took us to a late night dessert binge at Serendipity:


The wait wasn't as bad as my first visit to Serendipity a few years back, possibly because of the late hour.  We actually could have been seated earlier, but my sister's bus from Baltimore was running a bit late, so we missed our table.

Anyway, no hard feelings.  Not much.

Serendipity has the most...eclectic decor:


Nana knew precisely what she wanted me to blog about, so she took care of all the ordering.  To prepare ourselves for the onslaught of sweets, we started with a plate of chicken nachos:


Very Americanized, but just what we needed.

We really should be ashamed of ourselves for what happened next, but hey, no shame, right?  Now keep in mind that there were four of us (Nana's undergrad friend, MB, was also in town for Nana's play).

Serendipity is most well known for its frozen hot chocolate:


Don't drink too quickly or you'll risk brainfreeze.  Take my word for it.

Next came the sandtart sundae:


The coffee ice cream with the sandies and fudge were perfection.

Finally there was the "can't say no" sundae:


It was basically a regular sundae (vanilla ice cream, fudge, banana, whipped cream, nasty cherry) with the addition of a slice of humble pie.  I'm not really sure what humble pie is, but it tasted a lot like peanut butter to me.

I always have a great time at Serendipity...when I'm not waiting in line that is.  While the food might not be all that great and the service can be a tad inattentive, the desserts are awesome (if a bit overpriced).

All in all, a great start to my weekend in New York!


Serendipity
225 E 60th St
New York, NY 10022
(212) 838-3531
http://www.serendipity3.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!