Korea: Dammie Restaurant

During my trip to Korea, I went on a tour with CK, her sister, and her mother.  We flew down to Pusan and then gradually made our way to Seoul via tourbus over the course of three days.

We were picked up at the airport in Pusan Thursday night by our tour guide, along with the other seven people on our tour (all of them over the age of 50).  Once on the tourbus, the first thing of interest our tour guide told us was that Pusan is known to be the second worst city in Korea for food.  Great.

Thus warned, we were shuttled to Dammie Restaurant:


The panchan was pretty standard:


All the food came as part of the tour package, so we weren't given a choice in what we wanted to eat.  For this particular meal, we were served soondubu (Korean tofu):


Nothing too extraordinary about it, but the tofu was supposedly made in-house.  Props for that.

I resigned myself to the fact that I would be having purple rice for the duration of my stay in Korea very early on:


Not a lot of beans in this one, which I was really thankful for.

All in all, it tasted a lot like what I could get in the States.  Bummer.


담미 감자탕
부산광역시 강서구 대저2동 2407-4
051-941-0888
http://cafe.naver.com/dammirestaurant

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!