Korea: Luk Coffee

I just got back from Korea today and while it pains me to face the fact that my summer vacation is coming to an end, I'm definitely glad to be home.

Anyway, I have a lot of posts to catch up on, so without further ado, I bring you my first Korea post!

One of the first things I noticed about Korea was its abundance of cafes.  CK's family lives in Suwon, so on my first full day in Korea we checked out Hwaseong Fortress.  Coming out of the fortress, we stopped by one such cafe:


The cafe was rather cute:


The prices, however, were not.  I learned really quickly that drinks in Korea are NOT cheap.  Coffee can cost up to $4 a cup.  Juice is even more pricey at $5-6 a cup.

Since I'm not a coffee drinker, I went with peach iced tea:


I was a bit appalled to find out that CK is a tomato juice addict:


The barista came over with iced coffee samples in these cute little cups:


It was totally wasted on me.  Unfortunately.

I did, however, appreciate the cookies that came with the drinks:


Made in Belgium, which for some reason made me laugh when I found out.

Okay, so maybe this isn't the most exciting first post from Korea, but things will only get better from here, I swear!  Stick with me, okay?

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!