South Bay: Poco Cafe

Last Friday, my undergrad friend and I had a puppy play date.  We went to Poco Cafe after an excursion at the park:


We both got our own shaved ice:


It's $3.25 for a small and you get to choose three ingredients.  I went with tapioca pearls, rice balls, and condensed milk:


It may not be the snow ice I love in Taiwan, but sometimes you gotta take what you can get.

Poco Cafe has been around for as long as I can remember.  It sold pearl tea before pearl tea became a trend and started popping up everywhere.  I used to have to beg my parents to take me there after grocery shopping at Ranch 99, but these days I drop by whenever I'm feeling nostalgic.  It's kind of a loyalty thing.  The owner recognizes me by face and asks me about my sister.

So even though the selection may not be that great and the decor isn't exactly hip, I still return to Poco Cafe from time to time to check in with the owner.


Poco Cafe
1688 Hostetter Rd Ste C
San Jose, CA 95131
(408) 441-8037

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!