Chicago: M Burger

Despite finals coming up next week, I let my roommate drag me to Mag Mile for some shopping on Friday. She was looking for an outfit for her birthday party...I was just trying to avoid studying.

I'm not a shopping kind of person, but even I have to admit that there's one upside to shopping: eating out afterwards (never before because no one wants to try on clothes with a bloated stomach). Eating usually makes all the trauma from trying things on only to find that they don't fit/look good worth it. But just barely.

After a particularly painful few hours of browsing through racks, we trudged our way through the sudden downpour to M Burger:



We'd been wanting to try M Burger for a while now. We definitely didn't expect such a small interior. There was a window for ordering, a counter, and two tables for two. I'm guessing that there might be outdoor seating when the weather gets nicer.

We'd placed our order and sat down to wait when we saw the table next to us get a beautiful green milkshake. When we heard that it was chocolate mint flavor, we immediately went and ordered one for ourselves:



Mmm....tasted just like Andes mints.

The burger and fries came in a box, much like at In-and-Out:



Just like at In-and-Out, the menu at M Burger is short and sweet. Burgers basically came in 3 options: burger, cheeseburger, or M Burger. (You can also choose whether you want your burger single or double.) Of course we both got the M Burger:



My first thought? How...small. Thank goodness we each ordered our own fries.

The M Burger comes with bacon, cheese, and "secret sauce":



To be honest, it reminded me of a better quality Big Mac plus bacon. Which I like, don't get me wrong. But just not out-of-this-world amazing.

There's supposedly a secret menu at M Burger, but I'm not sure if that's tempting enough to get me to go back. I rather save my $3.29 and go spend it on the dollar menu at McDonalds. (Blasphemous, I know, but that's the truth.)


M Burger
161 E Huron St
Chicago, IL 60611
(312) 254-8500

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!