New York: Doughnut Plant

Tuesday morning, my sister and I met up with a Chicago friend who was also in New York on spring break. The plan was to storm through Doughnut Plant and Chinatown before tackling the Statue of Liberty.

First stop was the Doughnut Plant:



What's really cute about this picture is the lady hiding behind the counter. She saw me take out my camera and without another word immediately ducked out of view.

As you can probably tell, we went a little crazy on the donuts:



Feel free to just scroll through the pictures. I think they speak for themselves.

One of my favorites is the creme brulee donut:



It's crackly on the outside and custard-y on the inside:



My sister picked the pistachio:



No filling, but the nutty pistachio flavor more than made up for that.

Here's the peanut butter glaze and blackberry jelly donut:



The glaze was thick and creamy, and the jelly tart:



Then there was the blackout cake donut:



Dense and decadent:



And finally, the tres leches cake donut:



Another one of my favorites:



Not the cheapest donuts around town, but it's okay to treat yourself once in a while. Or that's how I justify it.


Doughnut Plant
379 Grand St
New York, NY 10002
(212) 505-3700

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!