New York: Make My Cake

Okay, so we did hit up three bakeries in one day. There's no shame in that. On our way back to my friend's apartment from Levain, we walked by Make My Cake and of course we had to make a stop:



Make My Cake is just what the name implies. While we were in line all the people in front of us were either custom designing their cake or picking up the final product:



My friend claims Make My Cake has the best red velvet in New York, so we had to give it a try:



The cupcake was definitely moist and delicious, but I'm starting to realize that red velvet might not be my favorite type of cake.

We also got the red velvet cheesecake:



Not only was it pretty to look at, it was also damn good to eat. I definitely enjoyed it more than the red velvet cupcake.

So many bakeries in New York and I already tried out three within my first day. Always start off strong, yeah? Have to set the tone right for the rest of the trip.


Make My Cake
2380 Adam Clayton Powell Blvd
New York, NY 10030
(212) 234-2344

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!