New York: Bouchon Bakery

I'm currently on spring break in New York visiting a good friend with my sister. Basically that means I'm eating way too much and trying to justify it by telling myself that I'm walking it off.

I landed in New York Saturday morning. After being picked up at the airport by my friend (and my sister who arrived from Baltimore the night before) and dropping my luggage off at her apartment, we headed out for a day on the town.

First stop was supposed to be the halal cart on 53rd, but we got sidetracked when the bus we were on passed by Columbus Circle. A last minute decision had us off the bus and up the Time Warner Center to Bouchon Bakery:



It'll be a long while before I can afford a meal at any of Thomas Keller's restaurants, so Bouchon will have to suffice for now. Since we had a date with the halal guys, we stuck with the dessert selection:



We picked three to share between the three of us. My friend went with the vanilla macaron:



My sister chose the pistachio macaron:



The cookie part of the macarons was positively dreamy, but the filling...a bit too sweet for me. The pistachio was okay, but the vanilla filling actually tasted more like straight sweetened butter.

What I was really looking forward to was the TKO (Thomas Keller oreo):



I really enjoyed the cookie part, but I guess Bouchon cream filling just isn't my thing. The TKO was particularly salty after I took a bite out of the two macarons, which just shows how sweet the macarons are.

Definitely yummy, but worth over 10 bucks for three cookies? Not sure about that.


Bouchon Bakery
10 Columbus Cir 3rd Fl
New York, NY 10019
(212) 823-9366

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!