New York: Artichoke Basille's Pizza & Brewery

Last year, my best friend and I did quite a lot of damage in the East Village (7 food spots in one day, yo). I thought my sister and I could beat my previous record, but I guess age is catching up to me. After hitting only 3 places, I was ready to call it quits.

The first place we stopped at was Artichoke Basille's Pizza & Brewery:



There's no seating inside, so prepare to eat on the go or grab a spot on the bench outside.

Artichoke is known for its artichoke and spinach pizza. A single slice will set you back $4.50:



It's quite a big slice, as you can see. After you place your order, they'll re-toast the pizza slice in the oven so that it's piping hot when it reaches your hands.

While we were on the subway, I tried to explain to my sister what the taste was like. The best I could come up with at the time was "soup on a pizza," to which my sister gave me a weird look.

But after she took her first bite, she understood my awkward description completely. Really. It does taste like having a creamy soup poured over a pizza. It's gooey and lovely and dangit, I want a slice now.

Don't scoff. Try one for yourself and then try to tell me I'm wrong.


Artichoke Basille's Pizza & Brewery
328 E 14th St
New York, NY 10003
(212) 228-2004

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!