Taiwan: Xing Fu Tang

You can't go to Taiwan without loading up on pearl tea.  It's the motherland, after all.  Abby and I made a point of going to all the pearl tea places that have the most hype and thus the craziest lines in the West.  Not only is there little to no wait in Taiwan, the prices are also significantly, SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper.

For example, take Xing Fu Tang:


It hasn't made it to the U.S. yet, but you can't open Instagram without being bombarded with photos posted by Canadian foodies of their brown sugar boba milk with the creme brûlée top:


In Taiwan?  Literally no one in line when we walked up.  And the drink was 50 NT.  That's $1.60.  Let me spell it out for you.  One dollar and sixty cents.

I mean, c'mon!  In the States, boba like that would go for $4-6, easy.

Do you understand why I love Taiwan so much now?

Xing Fu Tang, though fun to watch the brûléeing in action, wasn't actually my favorite brown sugar boba in Taiwan.  It was good, but not really a standout.  Plus the boba was so hot that the drink was warm even with the ice.  And warm milk isn't exactly what I want when it's hot and humid out.

Not that I wouldn't go back.  It's freakin' $1.60, yo.  I have no complaints.


幸福堂
台北市中正區汀州路三段185號
+886 2 2367 9097
https://www.xingfutang1792.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!