South Bay: Super Taqueria

I've been enjoying Super Taqueria courtesy of my friend CL for years, but I never realized until fairly recently that I should have been ordering the buche all this time.  Now, to make up for lost time, I only order the buche when we're getting Super Taq:


I wanted CK and AG to try it, so I convinced them to go late one night.  The place was packed:


Why go for a regular taco ($2.89) when you can have a super one ($3.59)?:


A regular taco comes with beans and salsa, while a super taco comes with that as well as cheese and avocado.  And of course, buche is the way to go.

For those of you who don't know, buche is pork stomach.  Now, I've had many a buche taco from many a taqueria/taco truck, but I've never been super impressed.  It was always overshadowed by tripas or lengua or cabeza, my usual go-to meats.  However, at Super Taqueria, buche is king.  Nowhere else does it taste as offal-y and delicious.

Don't make the mistake I made the first time I went to Super Taqueria.  Always ask for your taco crispy so that the inner tortilla comes nice and crunchy.  I think it might be lightly fried.  That texture contrast is so freakin' good!

Write it down.  Buche.  Taco.  Crispy.  You're welcome.

And make sure to bring cash because they're cash only!


Super Taqueria
2438 Almaden Rd
San Jose, CA 95125
(408) 723-0475

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!