Taiwan: Haritts

I saw a post about Haritts on Instagram and its creative Asian twist on donuts was very intriguing to me.  So even though I'm usually not a big donut person, I added it to my list of places to check out in Taipei:


The store itself was very cute and all the donuts of the day were laid out in the display case:


There were a lot of flavors that were super interesting, but I limited myself to four.  I also controlled myself by not digging in immediately, but instead waited for Abby to get off work so that we could try them together.

There was the Kyoto roasted tea (50 NT / $1.60):


Not very sweet, the roasted tea flavor came through really nicely.

For CK, I picked the taro filled donut (40 NT / ~$1.30):


It was super soft, like a taro-filled cloud:


The sakura with red bean (45 NT / ~$1.50) was probably my least favorite:


It just wasn't super memorable:


My favorite turned out to be the cream cheese (60 NT / $2):


If a bagel and a donut had a baby, this would be it:


It's that slightly savory and slightly sweet contrast that got me.

In typical Taiwanese fashion, Haritts' donuts are not as sweet as you would find donuts to be in the States.  The focus is on the flavor of the dough and the ingredients in the filling.  The donuts we had were so different from the donuts that I'm used to that I'm not even sure I would characterize them as donuts.  If anything, they were more like sweet bread with filling.

Not that that's a bad thing.  But if you're looking for your typical guilty pleasure donut, you may want to look elsewhere.

They're also a bit pricey.  To be honest, it wasn't spectacular enough to make me want to go back again.


Haritts
台北市松山區復興北路81巷33號1樓
+886 2 87710645
https://harittstaipei.oddle.me/zh_TW/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!