Taiwan: Qing Shui Dong Gua Wang

One of my favorite new discoveries in Taiwan is Qing Shui Dong Gua Wang:


Growing up, the ultimate summer drink was either lemonade or winter melon tea.  But while I love both, it never occurred to me that the two could be combined...until Qing Shui Dong Gua Wang.

I was skeptical at first, but then I tried some of their free sample and PSHHHHH (that's the sound of my mind being blown, by the way). 

A cup only costs 50 NT ($1.60) and comes with what my sister and I like to call a cup thong:


Winter melon tea is very sweet, but the fresh lime juice adds this delicious tartness that just makes the drink super refreshing.  I don't know if I can go back to drinking regular winter melon tea anymore.

Who am I kidding?  I love winter melon tea.  I'll drink it anyway it comes.

Qing Shui Dong Gua Wang also offers winter melon tea doctored in other ways.  There's one with passion fruit and another with milk.  And while they're certainly known for their winter melon tea (it's in their name, after all), they also have other types of teas as well. 

I doubt I'll ever be able to order anything other than the winter melon tea with lime though.  It's that good.



清水冬瓜王
台北市大安區羅斯福路三段171號
02-2363-1180
https://hocom.tw/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!