South Bay: Snowice

I wanted to share my favorite Japanese restaurant, Tanto, with both CK and T, so I suggested it when we were talking about what to get for dinner.  As I expected, both of them loved Tanto.  We ordered so much food that I was literally in pain by the end of the meal.

That didn't stop us from stopping by Snowice for dessert though:


While I wanted to curl up and sink into a food-induced coma, T and CK merrily debated the patbingsoo (Korean shaved ice) menu.

Thanks to the process of elimination, we ultimately decided on the rich lychee:


The shaved ice itself was lychee flavored and it was topped with milk, mochi, strawberries, blueberries, and pineapple/mango (there was a bit of confusion there that led to a heated discussion).

The fruit weren't exactly ripe and the lychee flavor in the shaved ice could have been a bit more pronounced.  The best part, in my opinion, was the mochi.  Even though I was still hurting from the massive dinner we had, I made myself spoon in as much of the patbingsoo as I could.

It's the Chinese in me.  When you pay for something, you finish it even if it kills you.

Not sure if I will be back again.  Eight bucks for a shaved ice just doesn't really sit well with me.  Maybe I'm just too spoiled by shaved ice in Taiwan.  Sorry, Snowice.


Snowice
3561 El Camino Real, Ste 99
Santa Clara, CA 95051
(408) 251-1002

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!