South Bay: St. John's Bar and Grill

TT also wanted to take me out for my birthday back in September.  I don't think St. John's Bar and Grill was exactly what she had in mind, but that's what I wanted:


Sometimes all you want is just a nice, juicy burger.

St. John's certainly looked promising.  The place was completely filled and it was completely by luck that we managed to score a table:


No servers to take your order or bring you to a table here.  Instead, you find your own table and go up to the counter to place your order and pick up your food.  No nonsense.  Just the way I like it.

Fortuitously, we managed to go on the perfect day.  All burgers are half off on Saturdays.  Woot!

Here's our guaco bacon burger for $4.48:


It came with chips, guacamole, and two slices of bacon.  The burger patty was a bit overcooked for my tastes:


Since we decided to share a burger, we felt that justified going a bit crazy with the fries.

We ordered the garlic fries ($4.75):


And the bacon and cheese fries ($5.50):


The fries could have been so good...but they just weren't.  Maybe we ordered too much and ate too slowly, but the fries quickly cooled and so did our desire to eat them.  Solidified cheese just really isn't my thing.

Not the best burger in town and probably not worth $8, but at half off on Wednesday nights and all day Saturdays, I could be tempted to go back.  I'll probably stick to regular fries next time though.


St. John's Bar and Grill
510 Lawrence Expy Ste 110
Sunnyvale, CA 94086
(408) 738-8515
http://www.stjohnsgrill.com/

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!