South Bay: Los Cubanos

To celebrate my birthday, VT treated me to dinner at Los Cubanos in downtown San Jose:


I have to admit...while I've lived in San Jose for most of my life, I know next to nothing about downtown San Jo.  The only time I go is when I visit my grandparents or when I have a craving for La Vics.  If you want to know what else is downtown, I'm the last person you should ask.  I simply have no clue.  It was nice to check out a new restaurant and learn something about my own city.

The evening started out pretty warm, so we let the hostess seat us outside.  We later regretted that decision. But by then it was too late.  The food was already on the table.

First was the fried pork appetizer:


It came with 2 sauces, one garlic-y and one tomato-y:


The fried pork chunks were a bit dry for me.  I like my meat tender and yummy.

We each got a bowl of soup to go with out entrees:


I loved the soup.  It was warm and comforting and just delicious.

Our entrees also came with rice and plantains:


The best dish of the night was rabo encendido or oxtail in a red wine and tomato sauce:


The carne con papas or beef and potato stew was good, but not as amazing as the oxtail:


Though it was cold outside, the warm food and even warmer company made it bearable.

Thank you, VT, for a fabulous birthday dinner!  Sorry it took so long to post about it.  This one is dedicated to you.


Los Cubanos
22 N Almaden Ave
San Jose, CA 95110
(408) 279-0134
http://www.loscubanosrestaurant.com/

Comments

  1. ohh yay!! I've been waiting for this blog post for months!!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!