San Francisco: Creme Brulee Cart

CK's last day in San Francisco started with breakfast at San Tung Restaurant and then a trek out to the tiled steps on 16th Avenue.

After that came Castro.  CK got the best welcome to Castro a tourist could ask for: naked men.  Multiple naked men.  One walked right between us as we were talking.  CK wanted to take a picture with one of them, but I wanted to be nowhere near those dangly bits.

Instead, TT and I went to check out the Creme Brulee Cart, which just happened to be parked in the area:


So many flavors to choose from:


We went with the cafe mocha in the end:


Very creamy and rich, but worth 4 bucks?  I don't know about that.

The rest of the day kinda went like this...waited in line and then pigged out at Tartine, waited in a ridiculously long line and then pigged out at Bi-Rite, and finally waited in line and pigged out at Mission Pie.  It was a dessert kind of day.  (Though we did get a slice of savory pie at Mission Pie.)  For the sake of catching up on my posts, I won't blog about those places since I've already covered them in the past.  Everything was delicious.  You'll just have to take my word for it.

We went a little crazy with the sweets, but what's important is that CK had a fabulous time in SF.  Or at least I think she did.  Since she didn't say anything to the contrary, I'm going to go ahead and assume that she had fun.  I certainly did.

It's great that TT now lives in SF.  There's nothing better than having someone to crash with and to act as a food tour guide in the city one weekend per month.  San Francisco fun fat weekends have now become a regular thing and I love it.

(Though my wallet and expanding waistline may say otherwise.)


Creme Brulee Cart
http://thecremebruleecart.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!