San Francisco: My Canh

At midnight on a Saturday, most people are either in bed or ripping up the dance floor.  CK, TT, and I?  We're debating whether to get some crab noodle soup.

Not than any of us were putting up much of a resistance.  Which is how we found ourselves parked in front of My Canh:


According to TT, My Canh is a favorite post-bar/club hang out, which was evident from the packed tables:


My Canh is known for its banh canh cua or crab noodle soup:


We wimped out and only ordered one bowl for the three of us.  I'm surprised our server didn't kick us out.

The thick, goopy, yellow soup was definitely not what I was expecting, but I can totally see how this stuff can be popular with the late night crowd.

The noodles were pearly white and super Q:


There's actually crab in the soup!  Not a lot, mind you.  But it's there for those who like to crunch through crab shell.

Whether at 1:00 in the afternoon or at 1:00 in the morning, My Canh is a great place for the sober and the drunk alike.  Just make sure you bring cash.


My Canh
626 Broadway
San Francisco, CA 94133
(415) 397-8888

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!