New York: Russ & Daughters

Russ & Daughters was on my New York list since forever ago, but I couldn't bring myself to pay $14 for a bagel (even with lox) until I hit my 30s.  Now that my starving student days are behind me, I've gotten better about treating myself to a splurge now and then.   

Which is why I insisted on adding Russ & Daughters to our NY itinerary back in March:


I could barely contain my excitement when we walked through the doors and grabbed a ticket:


With not that many people in front of us, our number was called before we could figure out what kind of lox we wanted.  And there were a lot to choose from:


We had no idea how one lox differed from another, but luckily the gentleman who helped us had a very definitive opinion.  "Scottish."

Alright, then.  One plain bagel with Scottish lox and horseradish-dill cream cheese ($14), please:


Adding tomatoes and red onion cost an extra $0.50 each, but I was treating myself, so whatever.  Pile it on!

Abby and I sat outside and devoured the sandwich in a matter of minutes.  Our verdict?  The bagel itself wasn't too impressive, but the lox.  Oh, the lox.  The lox was so very lovely.  Especially with the horseradish cream cheese.

Definitely worth the $15 splurge.


Russ & Daughters
179 E Houston St
New York, NY 10002
(212) 475-4880
https://www.russanddaughters.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!