New York: Ice & Vice

We probably could've called it a night after dinner at Pure Thai, but that's just not how we roll.  Instead, we dragged our stuffed bodies to Ice & Vice, where we met up with Abby:


It was close to closing time, so the place was nearly empty:


Which allowed us to sample all the ice cream flavors we wanted and there were so many interesting ones to choose from.  Like TV dinner (carrot, clove, sweet pea frosting), koala chip (eucalyptus, black pepper chocolate chip), and opium den (white sesame, toasted poppy seed, lemon bread crouton).

I don't remember what T and CV ordered, but I got two scoops ($6.75) in a cup:


O Canadia was a sorbet made with maple, roasted ginger, and maple chip.  While yellow was a rich and creamy ice cream consisting of buckwheat honey, turmeric, and sunflower seed butterscotch chip.

I've never had ice cream flavors as innovative and exciting as those at Ice &Vice.  The gentleman behind the counter was friendly and incredibly patient as we essentially sampled all the flavors they had.

Even though it's not the cheapest ice cream joint around, if I lived in NYC, I would definitely stop by from time to time just to see what new seasonal flavors they've conjured up in that crazy brain of theirs.  And maybe if I was feeling particularly extra, I would ask for it on a premium cone ($1.75) like salted blue corn honey or pink French vanilla and top it off with a slice of pie ($6).

I rarely feel extra though.  I'm too cheap for that.


Ice & Vice
221 E Broadway
New York, NY 10002
(646) 678-3687
https://www.iceandvice.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!