New York: Pure Thai Cookhouse

While Abby met up with her NYC friends for dinner, T and CV took me to their favorite Thai restaurant in the city, Pure Thai Cookhouse:


The interior was super tiny, but we were able to score three seats at the counter before the dinner rush:


CV ordered the daily special drink because it was longan while I got the Thai iced tea ($4.50 each):


The tea came in real handy for me because the green papaya salad ($12) was hot, hot, HOT:


The best part was the raw crab that we added (additional $2).  If you like it funky, you need to add the crab.  Even though the salad was super spicy to a weakling like me, I couldn't stop eating it because it was just that delicious.

T and CV's favorite dish at Pure Thai is their ratchaburi crab an pork dry noodles ($16):


They love it so much that they ordered two.  The handmade egg noodles came with roasted pork, lump crab meat, yu choy, and scallion.  You add in condiments like fish sauce and chili vinegar to fit your own tastes.  One bowl T and CV made spicy, the other they let me doctor so that I wouldn't die from spiciness.

While the noodles were certainly yummy, I'm more of a rice person, so I personally liked the fried rice with lump crab meat ($17) more:


The rice was a fragrant mix of egg, Asian broccoli, tomato, scallion, onion, and light soy sauce.  To make it even better, add some of the seasoning on the table.  I can't remember if it was fish sauce or fake Maggi, but it added a deeper savoriness to the rice.

I can see why T and CV love Pure Thai Cookhouse so much.  It's got this quirky charm, the staff are friendly, and the food is downright awesome.  Kinda on the pricey side, but that's NYC for you.  I would definitely recommend stopping by!


Pure Thai Cookhouse
766 9th Ave
New York, NY 10019
(212) 581-0999
https://www.purethaicookhouse.com/

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!