New York: Supermoon Bakehouse

I was really curious about Supermoon Bakehouse after seeing it splashed all over Instagram:


We already had breakfast at Kopitiam, but we figured post-breakfast dessert should be a thing.  Which is why we ended up perusing a row of plastic pastries in order to decide what we wanted:


The croissant flavors at Supermoon change frequently.  One of the flavors we came across was the strawberry & dream croissant ($6):


Described as "stupidly delicious" on the plaque, this red striped croissant was filled with white chocolate chantilly cream and house made strawberry jam:


Crazy aesthetically pleasing and yummy to boot.  The tartness of the jam helped balance out the butteriness of the flaky croissant.

The cruffin flavor of the day was the pistachio rose spritz ($6.50):


Now, I love pistachio, but this creation was way too floral for me.  It was filled with pistachio creme patissiere and an Aperol (an Italian apéritif) and rose jelly:


It really wasn't my cup of tea.  I loved the texture of the cruffin itself, but the filling was so off-putting to me that I couldn't finish my half.  We felt kind of bad about leaving it, so we had to stealthily throw it away on our way out.

The options at Supermoon might not have been the most enticing to me personally the day we went, but I can't hold that against them.  Supermoon isn't afraid to experiment and one cannot deny how inventive and beautiful their pastries are.  Half of the fun is just seeing what new flavor combos they come up with next...and peeking into the open kitchen to witness the magic in action.

Apparently Supermoon was opened by the co-founder of Mr. Holmes Bakehouse.  Mr. Holmes is located right here in San Francisco, so I guess I won't need to go all the way to NY to get my pretty croissant fix.


Supermoon Bakehouse
120 Rivington St
New York, NY 10002
https://www.supermoonbakehouse.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!