Oakland: Cam Huong

My office is only a few blocks from Chinatown, but it took me a few months before I was confident enough in my ability to dash out to lunch and back to work within an hour to make it down there.  (Or more accurately, it took me a few months before I was confident enough to stroll back into the office 10 minutes after the lunch hour.)

One day, SY invited me out to lunch at Cam Huong:


There was a pretty impressive line out the door, but it moved fairly quickly:


Cam Huong offers hot food and pre-packaged items, but what it's really known for are its Vietnamese sandwiches or banh mi.  So many variations to choose from!  I was in a barbecue pork mood:


Perfection.  The bread was crackly on the outside and soft on the inside.  Plenty of meat too.  And the price?  $2.75, baby.

I definitely need to make another lunch stop at Cam Huong one of these days.


Cam Huong
920 Webster St
Oakland, CA 94607
(510) 444-8800

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!