Oakland: Kamdesh Afghan Kabab House

My friends and I are planning a Europe trip in May to meet up with my sister after she finishes her semester abroad in Denmark.  My goal is to be completely caught up on my blog posts before I leave for London.  Given how I recently hit January 2013, I'm optimistic.  Wish me luck, people!

Okay, so one of the best lunch spots around my office is Kamdesh Afghan Kabab House:


It's one block down and the food is great.  I met up with my Chitown girls there for lunch one day.

Kamdesh is super busy at lunchtime:


I even ran into a volunteer attorney from my office at the front door.

For those who don't want a full meal for lunch, the wrap is a good choice.  I went with the Afghani wrap off the lunch special menu:



You get to pick what kind of meat you want in your wrap.  I tried the chicken on a previous trip, so I wanted to give the beef a whirl.  Instead of whole beef chunks like I expected, the meat was some some of seasoned ground beef meatball.  Very yummy.  And also very messy.  One wrap is definitely enough for two people, but I always end up forcing myself to finish it all because I don't want to take anything home.

For $7.50, it's not a bad deal at all.


Kamdesh Afghan Kabab House
346 14th St
Oakland, CA 94612
(510) 286-1900

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!