South Bay: Thanh Son Hien Khanh

Coming out of Yama Fuji Sushi Boat Buffet, we all swore that we weren't going to eat anything for the rest of the day.

Big fat liars.  All of us.

Somehow, TT, my sister, and I ended up at Thanh Son Hien Khanh:


I don't know how it happened.  Really.  One minute we're complaining about how full we are and the next we're standing inside Thanh Son in awe of all the Vietnamese deliciousness spread out before us:


There was an entire counter dedicated to fried stuff, for goodness sake:


Unfortunately, those will have to wait until our next visit.

We naturally gravitated toward the che (Vietnamese dessert) counter:


The sight of coconut milk always makes my heart skip a beat.  And my mouth salivate.

Even when my stomach already feels like bursting.

Keeping it simple, we bought a cup of che dau trang, which is made of sticky rice and black eyed peas and drowned in coconut milk:


Out of all the che drinks I've tried so far, che ba mau or "three-colored" che is my current favorite:


In my opinion, you can never go wrong with red bean, mung bean, cendol, and coconut milk.

I need to make another trip (or three) to Thanh Son to really do it justice.  So many things I want to try, so little stomach space.

What do you say, TT?  Say we make another fun fat day out of it?  (Preferably not after a buffet.)


Thanh Son Hien Khanh
990 Story Rd
San Jose, CA 95122
(408) 975-0135

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!