Tri-City: Market Broiler

A family friend invited my parents and me out for dinner at Market Broiler:


I probably shouldn't have been surprised by how many people were there:


The best part of the meal was the sourdough bread:


I can't say no to sourdough.  It's physically impossible.  Market Broiler's sourdough was surprisingly delicious...and you can ask for as many loaves as you can eat.

We got lucky because went on a day where selected appetizers are $5 each (Wednesdays and Thursdays!).  Being Chinese, we calculated which appetizers were the greatest steals.

One was the crab wontons:


They came stuffed with crab alongside a Thai dipping sauce:


The other was the fried calamari:


My mom ordered the shrimp fettucini alfredo:


Fried fish is a weakness of mine, so I went with the fried catfish:


The signature cheese potatoes were probably the highlight of the entire meal.  I couldn't stop eating it even though my brain kept telling me that I was full.

My dad's fish of the day was more of a letdown:


The halibut was just bland and utterly uninspiring.

I was pleasantly surprised by Market Broiler.  My expectations aren't generally very high when it comes to chain restaurants, but Market Broiler wasn't bad at all.  The food was decent, the prices reasonable, and the serving size huge.

Plus the sourdough is great.  That's all I really need to know.


Market Broiler
43406 Christy St
Fremont, CA 94538
(510) 791-8675
http://www.marketbroiler.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!