South Bay: Teaspoon

When Teaspoon opened right by my house, I was pretty excited.  I was even more excited to hear that for their grand opening weekend, drinks were buy one get one free.  Um, yes please!  I'm all about a good discount.  Especially when it comes to pearl tea:


From left to right: taro lover with pearls, house milk tea with pearls, grasshopper, and grapefruit garden.

I'm not a green tea drinker (too floral for me), so I usually avoid fruit teas at pearl tea joints since that's typically their base.  The first time I went to a Teaspoon, I was drawn to the grasshopper with its lychee tea and cucumber juice, but I was hesitant because of the green tea.  I'm glad I put my prejudices aside and gave it a shot because I love it.  It's super refreshing and the fruit flavor is strong enough that I don't really notice the green tea.

Since I enjoy the grasshopper so much, I was much more open to trying the grapefruit garden.  And it's another winner!  If you like grapefruit, this one is for you.  Fresh grapefruit juice in addition to grapefruit infused green tea?  It's grapefruit heaven!  Once again, the fruit flavor is strong enough to mask the green tea and I'm all about that.

Drinks at Teaspoon typically run at $5 (with toppings being an additional $0.50), so it's not the cheapest place around.  As a result, it's not my go-to pearl tea place, but I wouldn't mind hitting it up once in a while.

Especially now that it's walking distance from my house.


Teaspoon
1698 Hostetter Rd
San Jose, CA 95131
(408) 453-5566
https://www.teaspoonlife.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!