South Bay: Bill's Cafe

While my cousin was visiting, we somehow managed to trick both her and CK into hiking.  We made it up to them afterwards with brunch at Bill's Cafe:


Given that it was a Saturday morning, we weren't too surprised when we arrived to find a bunch of people gathered outside.  We didn't mind, however, as there were plenty of seating and free coffee to make the wait less painful.

Eventually, we made it in.  There were many interesting options, but I ultimately went with the French skillet ($14), which surprisingly didn't come in an actual skillet:


The potatoes came mixed with ham, red onions, shredded cheddar, and asparagus.  It was topped with two eggs and a super delicious hollandaise sauce. 

Abby ordered the chorizo omelette ($14):


It came topped with salsa and filled with chorizo, avocado, onions, and cheddar.

For an extra $2, Abby switched out the toast for a single pancake, any style.  Of course she couldn't pick a plain ol' boring pancake.  To get her money's worth, she selected the Hawaiian pancake, which was made with fresh bananas, macadamia nuts, and coconut:


Our server recommended that we dip the pancake in honey rather than the provided syrup.  We took her advice and boy, did she know what she was talking about!

CK and my cousin both got the Mexicano omelette ($13):


It was stuffed with jalapeno, avocado, sour cream, and jack cheese and came topped with salsa.

Bill's Cafe is a bit of a South Bay institution.  There are multiple locations and all of them are packed on the weekends.  I'm may be way late to the game, but I pick up things quickly.  If I'm looking for a solid brunch, I now know where to go.  I don't know about everyone else, but I thoroughly enjoyed my skillet without a skillet.  Beyond good food, the service at Bill's is friendly and the portions are generous.  It doesn't hurt that the prices aren't bad either.

You've made a fan out of me, Bill!


Bill's Cafe
5631 Cottle Rd
San Jose, CA 95123
(408) 629-2400
http://www.billscafe.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!