South Bay: Fuji Huoshao & Dumpling

Here's another instance where Instagram works.  I saw a post of some dumplings from Fuji Huoshao & Dumpling and I told myself I was going to go.  So I did.  And I dragged CK and AG with me:


The parking lot was tiny, but we managed to find a spot.  By sheer luck, we also managed to steal the last available table before the dinner rush:


To warm up our stomachs, we started with a bowl of lamb soup ($7.99):


We could choose between lamb organs or lamb meat.  The server recommended the meat, so that's that we went with.

We also got their noodle with meat sauce ($9.99):


There was a choice between hot and cold.  (So many choices!)  We decided on hot.

What drew me to Fuji in the first place was their huoshao ($8.99):


They offer both beef and pork.  We went with beef.

This was because we also ordered their three deluxe dumplings ($10.99), which included pork, chive, and shrimp:


We could have asked for the dumplings to be pan fried (additional $1), but I actually prefer my dumplings boiled when the skin is homemade and thick like it is at Fuji.  The texture is nice and chewy that way.

Everything at Fuji was good, but the huoshao was EXCELLENT.  That flaky crust and meaty interior?  Paired with some soy sauce and chili?  Freakin' awesome.

I loved it so much that I took my family there a while later.  That time we ordered the lamb dumplings ($11.99), which actually gave the huoshao a bit of a run for its money.  I love dumplings and I love lamb.  Both those things together?  Oh yea, baby!

You can buy dumplings to go at Fuji, either fresh or frozen.  My family doesn't usually buy dumplings at restaurants because we can make them ourselves at home.  But for those lamb dumplings, I might be willing to make an exception.

Definitely can't make huoshao at home though!  Guess I'll have to keep going back to Fuji to get my fix.


Fuji Huoshao & Dumpling
6184 Bollinger Rd
San Jose, CA 95129
(408) 996-0317
http://www.fuji-huoshao.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!