South Bay: Pho 90°

T and CV took me to my first REI Garage Sale back in December.  I was looking for a small hiking bag and like a pro, T went right in a snatched a bunch of options while I was slowly perusing like the noob that I was.  My cousin came along to experience the craziness.

Afterwards, T took us to what she claims to be the best pho in San Jose, Pho 90°:


The interior was very spacious with lots of seating (even a second floor?!):


I learned from T to ask for steamed bean sprouts at pho restaurants:


Raw bean sprouts are fun to nibble on, but if you're not careful with your pho, you might stab yourself in the throat with one.  No?  Just me?

T, the expert, ordered the pho tai bam ($10.95 for a regular):


She asked for the finely chopped rare flank steak to come on the side.  She also added in some beef balls ($1) because why not? 

I realized my mistake when my my own bowl arrived...with the steak already inside:


Yea, don't do what I did.  (Thanks for the tip, T.)  Get the steak on the side and then dip it in.  The meat is so much more tender and delicious that way.

The key is to Pho 90° is to ask for thick noodles (extra $0.35):


Those thick noodles are what makes Pho 90° stand out from the rest of the pho pack.  Make sure to ask for them, you won't regret it.

Thanks for introducing me to both REI Garage Sale and to Pho 90°, T!


Pho 90°
999 Story Rd Unit #9090
San Jose, CA 95122
(408) 993-9090
http://www.pho90degree.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!