South Bay: Tomi Sushi

Exploring ethnic grocery stores is a hobby of CK's.  One Saturday, Abby and I went to Mitsuwa with her and her husband AG.  Parking is at a premium in that plaza, so once we found a spot, we were loathe to leave it.  Hence why we decided to eat lunch there.

The line at Kahoo Ramen was a bit longer than we were willing to wait.  Luckily, right next door was Tomi Sushi:


In no time at all, we were seated inside and ready to order:


I was totally prepared to order a donburi, as I typically do at Japanese restaurants, but at the very last minute, I spotted the daily lunch special on another table and changed my mind:


How could I not?  For $12.40, the lunch special came with a salmon rice bowl, fried salmon, and a salmon miso soup.  What a steal!

Abby got the oyako don ($10.90):


We both ended up eating way more rice than we probably should have, but hey.  ZERO REGRETS.

There's nothing flashy about Tomi Sushi and I really like that.  The servers are super efficient, the prices are reasonable, and the food is pretty darn good.  If I ever get lucky with parking in that plaza again, I wouldn't hesitate to go back.


Tomi Sushi
4336 Moorpark Ave
San Jose, CA 95129
(408) 257-4722
http://www.tomisushi.us/index.html

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!