San Diego: Las Cuatro Milpas

Way back in November, Abby had to go down to San Diego for residency interviews.  Being the opportunistic people that we are, T, CV, and I all tagged along for the ride.  We probably should have left Abby in peace to prepare more for her interviews, but FOOD.

 Abby went down first to get one interview out the way.  The rest of us flew down to join her on Thursday.  From the airport, we went directly to El Gordo, which I couldn't stop thinking about after my last trip to SD.  Those adobada tacos are just insane.  Insanely delicious, that is.

To walk off some of the tacos, we then proceeded to meander through Chicano Park...which inevitably led us to a churro sundae at Salud!.

What?  How could we resist?

From there, we made our way to Las Cuatro Milpas:


There was a bit of a line, so we figured we could digest more as we waited.

Once inside, we hurriedly skimmed the menu and finalized our order before it was our turn at the counter:


The ladies behind the counter were super efficient, taking our order and quickly loading up our tray.  Before we knew it, we were off to find a table.

Even though we were there for the rolled tacos, we somehow ended up also getting a pork taco as well ($1.75):


The crispy taco came loaded with stewed pork, lettuce, and cheese.

And of course we had to get their famous rolled tacos (five for $5):


While they were certainly delicious, my favorite of the meal/snack was actually the chorizo con huevo ($3.75 for a small):


It was just so hearty and comforting and I could've eaten the whole bowl if I wasn't still recovering from all the tacos I had earlier.

To be honest, hard tacos just really aren't my thing.  I like them, but I wouldn't crave them like I do soft tacos.  So would I go back to Las Cuatro Milpas?  Yes, but only if the line isn't too crazy.

For those of you who do love hard tacos, head on over to Las Cuatro Milpas.  There's going to be a line, but don't fear, there's plenty of seating.  The aunties running the place are friendly and efficient.  It's cash only, but prices are super cheap and portion sizes are super generous.

My goal was to catch up completely with all my posts before I leave for Taiwan and the Philippines in April. 

...

Yea, that's not going to happen.  Especially since Abby and I will be going to New York for a couple days next weekend.  Lord knows we'll be stuffing our faces there.

I've resigned myself to be perpetually behind.  Sigh.


Las Cuatro Milpas
1875 Logan Ave
San Diego, CA 92113
(619) 234-4460
http://www.las-cuatro-milpas.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!