Chicago: Jim's Original

CK and I did something crazy.  Nothing new there.  After sharing a savory pie at Pleasant House (which was surprisingly filling), we grabbed some fruit smoothies from Joy Yee's...and then spontaneously decided to get second dinner at Jim's Original.  

Second dinner.  As if the first one wasn't enough.  

I swear I took photos of Jim's Original, but I can't find them anywhere.  Oh well.  Google it.  It's a big yellow building with multiple windows were you place and pick up your orders.  No seating at this place.  Not really any parking either.  Hop out, get your food, and zoom on home.  Cash only, so be prepared.  

And don't get mixed up by all the other big yellow hot dog joints in the area.  There's only one Jim's Original and only one original Maxwell Street polish hot dog.  

Among the usual array of hot dogs and burgers, Jim's also serves this, the pork chop sandwich:


Bone in.  Yea.  CK said that people love to get this pork chop sandwich after a night of drinking.  While it was certainly delicious, we couldn't help wondering how people manage to eat around the bone, especially when they're drunk.  Having a giant bone in your sandwich really throws off any sandwich enjoyment.  You have to be aware of the bone at all times.  Definitely not a sandwich you can eat while multitasking.

Of course we had to get the famous Maxwell Street polish hot dog:


Super juicy and smothered in mustard and grilled onions.

Both the polish dog and the pork chop sandwich came with french fries:


CK warned me that the fries wouldn't be very good, but we were both pleasantly surprised to find that Jim's has upped its game and the fries were actually quite good.  Kinda soggy by the time we got to them, but still decent.  Despite being stuffed, I somehow finished all the fries.

I really need to learn to stop when my stomach tells me to.  Sigh.

In other news, my lockdown officially started yesterday.  I'm starting to think that I should have studied more seriously in June.  Too late now.


Jim's Original
1250 S Union Ave
Chicago, IL 60607
(312) 733-7820
http://www.jimsoriginal.com

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!