Chicago: Ethiopian Diamond Restaurant

BARBRI IS TAKING OVER MY LIFE.

Sorry.  But it's true.  I better pass the bar on my first try or I'm going to find a nice secretarial position somewhere.  I love filing.  

Anyway, back to my admittedly pitiful effort to catch up on my blog posts.  Let's be realistic here.  It doesn't look like it's going to happen anytime soon.  With the bar just two weeks away, I'm lucky that I'm still semi-functioning.  

Harsh truths out of the way...now where was I?  Oh yea, back in Chicago, the day before my family was to arrive for my graduation, at Diamond for an Ethiopian dinner with CK and JH:


The place was HUGE:


Looks like there's a little curtained off section if you want to have a private party.  There's also a dance floor if I remember correctly.  And a giant screen for your sports viewing pleasure.  A little something for everyone.

At our server's recommendation, we started with a combo platter of sambusa, which are little thin dough shells stuffed with veggies or meat:


There was one with lentils:


One with chicken:


As well as one with beef, one with spinach, and one with potato and carrot.

Then we ordered both a veggie and a meat combo:


Let's see...for the veggies there were chickpeas, red lentils in a spicy sauce, split peas, spinach, collard greens, sliced carrots and cabbage, and potato cubes with carrots.  As for the meat, there were lean beef cubes, chicken leg in a spicy sauce with a hardboiled egg, and lamb. 

Everything came on a giant platter layered with injera.  We also got an additional stack of the slightly sour, spongy flatbread on the side: 


Needless to say, the three of us stuffed ourselves.  And we still had enough leftover to fill a take-out box.

If you love communal meals and eating with your hands, Ethiopian is the way to go.  Diamond is a great option in Chicago, so check it out!

Well, this little break was nice, but it's back to studying for me.  Until next time...


Ethiopian Diamond Restaurant
6120 N Broadway St
Chicago, IL 60660
(773) 338-6100
http://www.ethiopiandiamondcuisine.com/

Comments

  1. again, minutes from my place. SIGH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Ethiopian Diamond! I was just there on Sunday night - their Yemiser Watt is the best.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!