Chicago: Fish Bar (Revisited Again)

After an architecture boat tour, deep dish at Gino's, and walking up and down and all around downtown Chicago, I dragged my family to Fish Bar for dinner.  Well, first dinner.

Luckily, the wait wasn't too bad and we were seated at the counter before we knew it.

My mom always loves a bowl of clam chowder:


The fried bait fish was pretty darn awesome:


So light and crispy.  Yum.

I was really curious about the satchmo po'boy:


Fried shrimp and crawfish tucked in a buttery bun with pickles, garlic aioli and lettuce.

While the satchmo was fun, my heart still belongs to the oyster po'boy:


I can't get enough of it.

We also ordered us some fried calamari:


I guess our server misheard me because she brought out the calamari a la plancha at first:


We explained the mixup and were kind of afraid to touch it until the fried calamari came and she still didn't take away the mistaken order.  Then we dug in with relish.

I had the key lime pie at Fish Bar once before and I really wanted to share it with my family:


Tart and creamy and oh so yummy.  Love the crust too.

Fish Bar remains one of my favorite restaurants in Chicago.  Besides the amazing food, another perk of dining at Fish Bar is its proximity to other great food spots.  Perfect for a night of snacking and strolling and snacking some more.  There's DMK right next door and a few blocks down is Crisp, which is where we headed immediately afterwards to meet up with CK for my dad's favorite fried chicken.


Fish Bar
2956 N Sheffield Ave
Chicago, IL 60657
(773) 687-8177

Comments

  1. The key lime pie is amazing!! You weren't enthusiastic enough about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The key lime pie is amazing!! You weren't enthusiastic enough about it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!