Carmel: Little Napoli

After Point Lobos, we returned to Carmel for lunch.  My parents wanted to take me to this little Italian place that they discovered on their last trip:  


Little Napoli.  When I looked up the address, oh I'm sorry, the INTERSECTION online, I found something really interesting.  Little Napoli is owned by the same man behind Carmel Bakery.  And Vino Napoli Wine Bar next door.  Apparently Chef Pepe owns Carmel.  Okay, slight exaggeration there.  But c'mon.  

It was quiet inside, but then again, it was also a very late lunch:




My mom hasn't been able to stop talking about their garlic bread:




Way better than the complimentary bread:



My mom is a sucker for meatballs, so she stuck with the traditional spaghetti and meatballs:


My sister went the pesto route with the pesto genovese, which was tagliatelle over grilled asparagus and potatoes and sprinkled with pine nuts:


My father wanted seafood, so our server recommended the il pescatore and was flexible enough to let us substitute the usual red sauce with white:


We were all pleasantly surprised by the amount of seafood loaded onto the plate.  There were prawns, scallops, mussels, clams, calamari, and crab.

I ordered the al forno "Sinatra" which consisted of baked penne, sausage, mushroom, and mozzarella:


Very filling and very satisfying.  Definitely a good stop to make in Carmel.

With the bar on Tuesday, I really should be studying right now.  So why can't I dig up the motivation?  Ugh....


Little Napoli
Dolores & 7th
Carmel, CA 93921
(831) 626-6335
http://pepemag.com/category/little-napoli/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!